Superintendent Michael S. Harrison
New Orleans Police Department
715 S. Broad Street
New Orleans, LA. 70119
Dear Superintendent Harrison:
Pursuant to the Public Records Act of Louisiana, R.S. 44:1 et seq., I request the following public records be made available for inspection and/or copying:
- A current and complete copy of record/report which would show who was driving Unit 14070 on Monday, January 17th at 5pm. This should include, but not be limited to, the identity of the driver, if they are an employee of NOPD, their current rank and their current assignment. If the driver is not an employee of NOPD for whom do they work, what is their job classification and its responsibilities and information which shows that they are allowed to drive an NOPD vehicle. or the City of New Orleans
- A current and complete copy of any report or record generated by any device, such as but not limited to, onboard computer/chip/memory stick, “black box”, etc, which shows information on the operation of Unit 14070 for Monday, January 17th, 2017.
- A current and complete copy of any record/report which would show why Unit 14070 was operating outside of Orleans parish on Monday, January 17th, 2017.
- A current and complete copy of any/all guidelines, directives, rules, etc, which state how any/all drivers must operate any NOPD unit. This should include, but not be limited to, using the vehicle outside of Orleans parish.
- A current and complete copy of the disciplinary file for the person identified as the driver of the unit on that date and time.
- A current and complete copy of the employment file for the person identified as the driver of the unit on that date and time
Please treat each numbered request as an individual request and process individually.
It is my understanding that these records exist in electronic form. I ask that they be reproduced in electronic form in a commercial format readily available to any citizen. If for some reason a requested record cannot be reproduced electronically, please contact me so I can request that a date and time be set for me to come to the location of the records for review.
Assistant News Director WAFB TV
844 Government Street
Baton Rouge, LA. 70802
225 215 4805