If you are a member of the media seeking police information, please select Media Request - NOPD from the department selection. If you are not a certified member of the media, your request will not be filled using this selection. If you are seeking information like indictments or convictions, you may want to search the Criminal District Court’s Docket Master, available on the Orleans Parish Criminal Sheriff’s website.
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING A POLICE REPORT, VIDEO AND/OR AUDIO, YOU WILL NEED TO INCLUDE THE NOPD ITEM NUMBER IN YOUR REQUEST.***BE ADVISED THAT YOUR NAME WILL BE DISPLAYED ALONG WITH YOUR REQUEST WHEN THE REQUEST IS PUBLISHED.***
Please include a date, time and/or specific address in your request whenever possible.BIRTH & DEATH RECORDS
The City of New Orleans is not the custodian of birth or death records. Please contact the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals, Vital Records Registry, 1440 Poydras St., Ste. 4000, New Orleans, LA 70112 - Phone: 504-593-5100, Fax: 504-568-8706.FEES
If you request copies, you understand that there may be charges for duplication of these specific records. Click here to view fees and restrictions related to New Orleans Police Department Reports and Record Requests. Click here to view fees and restrictions related to New Orleans Fire Department Reports and Record Requests.
Any non-NOPD/NOFD incident reports or records are subject to the following fee schedule:
- Paper: Copies @ $0.50 page.
- Electronic: Base fee of $25 for records copied onto a compact disc.
- Delivery: Additional delivery/postage fees may apply depending on form and/or bulk of delivery.
- Additional Fees: Additional service fees may apply depending on the scope of the request.
Prior to posting, requests will be reviewed and possibly edited or rejected, consistent with the following policy:
- Submissions will be edited to redact or remove sensitive and/or confidential information, such as social security numbers, dates of birth, or other information the disclosure of which would constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy;
- Any submission that is not a request for public records will not be posted
- Submissions containing profanity, obscenity, racial slurs, hate speech, or other discriminatory language will not be posted
- In accordance with the Louisiana Public Records Law, La. Rev. Stat. § 44:1, et seq., the City of New Orleans strives to promptly review requests and release public records. Not all records requests will be able to be made publicly available.
Click here to read our frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) for help with your information needs.