ATTENTION ALL REQUESTERS:
***COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS UPDATE. DELAYS POSSIBLE. LIMITED STAFFING AVAILABLE TO FULFILL REQUESTS***
Thank you, the City of New Orleans Law Department has received your Public Records Law request.
Due to the recent mandates from the Governor and the Mayor requiring persons to stay at home, City government on-site staffing is reduced and services limited to reduce the spread of COVID-19 (commonly referred to as Coronavirus). Accordingly, please be advised that the City may not be able to fulfill your request at this time due to reduced staffing. We appreciate your patience and ask that you visit ready.nola.gov for the most up-to-date information on the City’s response to the COVID-19.
If you are seeking information like indictments or convictions, you may want to search the Criminal District Court’s Docket Master, available on the Orleans Parish Criminal Sheriff’s website.BIRTH & DEATH RECORDS
The City of New Orleans is not the custodian of birth or death records. Please contact the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals, Vital Records Registry, 1440 Poydras St., Ste. 4000, New Orleans, LA 70112 - Phone: 504-593-5100, Fax: 504-568-8706.FEES
If you request copies, you understand that there may be charges for duplication of these specific records. Click here to view fees and restrictions related to New Orleans Police Department Reports and Record Requests. Click here to view fees and restrictions related to New Orleans Fire Department Reports and Record Requests.
Any non-NOPD/NOFD incident reports or records are subject to the following fee schedule:
- Paper: Copies @ $0.50 page.
- Electronic: Base fee of $25 for records copied onto a compact disc.
- Delivery: Additional delivery/postage fees may apply depending on form and/or bulk of delivery.
- Additional Fees: Additional service fees may apply depending on the scope of the request.
Prior to posting, requests will be reviewed and possibly edited or rejected, consistent with the following policy:
- Submissions will be edited to redact or remove sensitive and/or confidential information, such as social security numbers, dates of birth, or other information the disclosure of which would constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy;
- Any submission that is not a request for public records will not be posted
- Submissions containing profanity, obscenity, racial slurs, hate speech, or other discriminatory language will not be posted
- In accordance with the Louisiana Public Records Law, La. Rev. Stat. § 44:1, et seq., the City of New Orleans strives to promptly review requests and release public records. Not all records requests will be able to be made publicly available.
Click here to read our frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) for help with your information needs.